This model of care has been developed with input from various stakeholders to overcome these barriers, improve knowledge and support access.
Purpose and aims of the model of care Purpose and aims of the model of care are:
• for local authorities and support services (including the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector) to assist asylum seekers and refugees to access NHS dental care and treatment
• to address health literacy and structural barriers asylum seekers and refugees can have when accessing NHS dentists
• to support equitable access for a vulnerable population group
• to define what information is needed for asylum seekers and refugees to sign up to NHS dentists and what they are entitled to
• to support resettlement and integration
*This is a report by the NHS and Public Health England. For more information on these organisations, please visit their websites
Please click below for a full download of the document.