In March 2018 we carried out a workshop attended by 75 students from Redcar and Cleveland College, which was a continuation of previous work we had done around young people's knowledge of health and social care services.
In groups, the students discussed the following questions:
- What do you think the main challenges are for young people today?
- How do you think the role of the School Nursing Service could support young people to overcome these challenges?
- The School Nursing Service is in the process of developing a website for young people to access. What should this website look like?
- The following issues were highlighted as issues for young people in a recent consultation; what information about the topics do young people want?
- Emotional health and wellbeing, drugs and alcohol, relationships and sexual health, smoking.