We received intelligence through engagement activities and our Information & Signposting service that people were experiencing difficulties in making appointments at their GP surgeries.
Of those questioned, 129 (67%) thought it was easy to make an appointment. Of the 64 (33%) that did not find it easy, 62 gave further comments as to why they felt it was not.
The main themes from these comments are:-
- Lack of availability of GPs
- Difficulty in telephoning the practice, ie delays in the phone being answered or being put on hold for a long time.
- No available appointments
- Being offered a telephone consultation first to see if you actually need an appointment
- Limited availability of early or late evening appointments for working people