Fill out the online nomination form here. Alternatively, PDF and Microsoft Word options are below.
We want to take this opportunity to shine a light on all of the incredible work achieved across South Tees health and care sectors, and celebrate the dedication and commitment of staff, volunteers and services throughout the last year.
We hope the STAR Award also offers the opportunity to share good practice across South Tees.
Nominations are open from Tuesday 4 January 2022, so if you know somebody who has gone the extra mile, let us know.
Who can be nominated?
The STAR Award aims to recognise any member of the local community who has helped to make a difference in someone’s health and social care. Anyone across the South Tees locality can be nominated.
An individual, team, department, organisation or service etc can be nominated whether they are a professional, volunteer, patient or member of the public.
We want to be flexible in our approach to nominations but focus on recognising those who have made a real difference to someones health and wellbeing and have gone above and beyond expectations to have a positive impact.
Anyone can submit a nomination, based on their own experience, or someone they know.
Please provide as much relevant information as possible as this is what will be used to judge against the criteria by the panel.
If you need any help to complete your nomination, please contact the team.
Closing date for entries is 5pm on Monday 28 February 2022.
The categories for the 2022 STAR Awards are:
- Care & Compassion
- Community Innovator
- Excellence in Supporting Others
- Leading the Way for Change
- Making a Difference (Volunteer)
- Valued Service
For further information on each category, please download our STAR Awards guidelines below.
If you would like to download the nomination form as a Word document, you can do so below. Please return the form to us by emailing it to:
Terms and Conditions
A photo of the nominee should be provided with the nomination form immediately. Please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org (unless the option of 'no photo' is stated in the nomination form)
How will the winners of the awards be decided?:
- Nominations will be discussed by the Judging Panel, based on the judging criteria on Wednesday 9 March 2022. The decision made by the Judging Panel will remain final.
Nominations will be judged on:
- Above & beyond: How, and to what extent, has the nominee gone above and beyond in their role within the health and social care service they provide?
- How they have helped: What has the nominee done to help those they support? How is it relevant? How was it identified? Is it a one-off or is it offered to everyone who requires it? Has it become integral to the service / support?
- Difference made: What difference has been made to those who are receiving a service or support? Is it to an individual or a group?
- Impact: What is the impact on those receiving support? How does it differ from the regular service or support they would receive?
Who will be on the Healthwatch STAR Awards Panel?:
- The Judging Panel consisting of the HWST Project Lead and two of our selected Board members.
When will the winners be announced?
- All nominees and nominators will be informed of the panels decision on the day of the awards ceremony - 6 April 2022.
- A special edition STAR Awards e-bulletin will be produced and shared on our social media platforms soon after the event has taken place . This will include details of all of our nominees, winners and runners up.
Important nomination information:
- Please read our guidelines and complete the nomination form with as much relevant information as you can.
- Please include contact details; we may need to contact you for further information.
- Please forward a photo of the individual for our social media channels.
- Please return your applications by 5pm on Monday 28 February 2022.
- All nominations and correspondence will be confidential.
- The decision made by the Judging Panel is final.
- The STAR Award winners will also feature in our 2022 Annual Report.
If you would like to receive regular updates, please click here.