The local community voice is key to our work and improving health and social care services. People often tell us about their positive experiences of services and groups on offer in the local area, and the difference these have made to their wellbeing.
We believe those who make a positive difference should be recognised and so the Healthwatch South Tees Award of Recognition celebrates those who make a difference to the people they support and their communities as well as going that extra mile to help others.
We hope the STAR Award also offers the opportunity to share good practice across South Tees.
Who can be nominated?
The STAR Award aims to recognise any member of the local community who has helped to make a difference in someone’s health and social care. Anyone across the South Tees locality can be nominated.
An individual, team, department, organisation or service etc can be nominated whether they are a professional, volunteer, patient or member of the public.
We want to be flexible in our approach to nominations but focussed on recognising those who have made a real difference to someone’s wellbeing and have gone above and beyond expectations to have a positive impact.
Anyone can submit a nomination, based on their own experience, or someone they know.
Nominations can be made until Monday 2 March!
If you'd like to download and fill out a paper copy of the nomination form, you can do so here. Please return the form to us by scanning and emailing it, or posting it to us!
Healthwatch South Tees, St Marys Centre, 82-90 Corporation Road, Middlesbrough, TS1 2RW
Terms and Conditions
- Photos of the nominee do not have to be uploaded to the nomination form immediately, but must be submitted or sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date to feature in the STAR Awards Nominee Programme.
How will the winners of the awards be decided?
- Nominations will be discussed by the Judging Panel, based on the judging criteria week commencing Monday 9 March 2020. The decision made by the Judging Panel will remain final.
Nominations will be judged on:
- How the nominee has made a difference
- The extent to which they have gone above and beyond what is expected of them, and the impact this has had on local people and communities.
Who will be on the Healthwatch STAR Awards Panel?
- The Judging Panel will consist of our Development and Delivery Manager and selected members of the Healthwatch Partnership Board.
When will the winners be announced?
- All nominees and nominators will receive two invites to attend the STAR Awards Ceremony at Inspire2Learn on Monday 30 March 2020.
- At the Awards Ceremony, all nominees will receive a certificate. The winners will be announced and presented with an engraved trophy. The winners will also feature in our 2020 Annual Report and all nominees will feature in our STAR Awards Nominee Programme.
- The Awards ceremony will include hot drinks and a buffet for guests to enjoy.
Important nomination information:
- Please complete the nomination form with as much relevant information as you can.
- Please include contact details; we may need to contact you for further information.
- Please return your applications by 4pm on Monday 2 March 2020.
- All nominations and correspondence will be confidential.
- The decision made by the Judging Panel is final.
- The STAR Award winners will also feature in our 2020 Annual Report.